The Pretty Postal Winter Warm-up Mail Swap
It’s January and we’ve got a serious case of the midwinter blahs… which means it’s the perfect time for the next Pretty Postal swap! This round, we’re inviting you to get hygge with it by exchanging cozy mail with other snail mail lovers.
When the weather outside is frightful, getting cozy is so delightful! And we can’t think of a better way to beat winter’s chill than by indulging in a hot cuppa or two and settling in to create soul-warming pretty mail. Cozy slippers and fireside blanket fort optional!
To make the challenge even more interesting, we want you to think of your pretty mail like a Canadian house – icy on the outside, but warm and toasty on the inside. Create beautiful winter-themed envelopes filled with warmth.
In the Southern hemisphere? All this talk of cozy mail making you sweat – literally?! No worries, we’d like to issue you the opposite challenge - a Summer Chill challenge. Mail that’s hot outside, but full of icy relief on the inside!*
Tell Me More!
• You will be placed in a group of 3-5 and will exchange pretty mail with each member of your group.
• Your envelopes should be based on a winter theme. Ice, snow and c-c-c-cold! (*Summer theme for you Southerners).
• The contents of your wintery envelope should be filled with warmth. (*Or like a sitting in front of the air con if you're down under.) We’re looking forward to seeing your interpretation of the theme. Don’t forget a note – a handmade card is always nice.
• Make your mail extra-special using beautiful lettering, hand drawn details, stamps, patterned paper, washi tape, paint… anything goes!
• Include a little goodie (or two) with your note. Not sure what to include? How about stickers, a pretty postcard, lovely tea, chocolate, or instructions for your favourite way to get cozy!
• This swap is all about getting creative and challenging yourself! While exchanging “stuff” is nice, the focus of Pretty Postal Swaps is to create beautiful and unique mail art. We are more interested in seeing decorative envelopes and creative contents than big gift parcels.
• It’s free to join!
• Please tag #prettypostalswap when sharing images on social media
Dates, Deadlines & Important Details
• Sign ups start on January 24 and close on February 4
• You will receive your partner assignments by February 6
• Mail must be sent by Monday, February 20, 2017
• Partners will be assigned randomly. We cannot accommodate specific partner requests.
• Swap is open to mail lovers from all over the world!
• Participants must be over the age of 18
• If you would prefer not to send mail internationally, please indicate this in your sign-up email. We will do our best to accommodate you.
• This is a one-time swap. Participating in The Winter Warm-up Swap does not automatically enroll you in any future swaps.
How do I sign up?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Instagram handle (if you have one)
Theme Choice - Winter Warm-up or Summer Chill
Please note if you’d prefer not to be matched with international partners
Your address and contact information will be kept private and won’t be shared with anyone other than your swap partners. Any personal information provided to you about your partners is for the purposes of this mail swap only. Information is not to be shared, sold or used for any other purposes. By signing up for this swap, you are giving us permission to share your name, email address and postal address with your swap group. Any contact, by mail, email or in person, beyond the terms of the initial mail swap, must be by mutual agreement between the swap partners in question. Any violation of this agreement will not be supported or endorsed by the members of Pretty Postal and we cannot be held liable for any misuse of the provided information.